Spore Modding Tool Released
Posted by ballightning on November 29, 2008
Spore modding has started of very slowly compared to other games, however the premium spore site Sporemods has been at the forefront of spore modding. With their great list of spore mods (which we have borrowed for this site), they have been providing many great fixes to spore.
Void at Sporemods has released a modding program for spore, in collaboration with others, called SporeMaster. Even though it is only a beta release it is the most promising spore modding tool to date, with many unique features, however it may still have some bugs in the program so watch out and report them in this thread so we can have a better modding tool!
- Streamlined unpacking and packing of .package files, with automatic conversion of .prop files to and from .xml. files.xml is no longer necessary.
- XML files are more user-friendly than in previous mod tools, using names instead of hashes where possible.
- Full text indexing of .xml and .locale files in the unpacked package, to permit very fast incremental search.
- Side-by-side comparison of file tree in Spore and the mod under development. One-click execution of WinMerge to see and edit changes in an individual file.
- Built in syntax highlighting editor.
- Tools for guessing the original names for hashes and for creating friendly aliases for hashes that can’t be guessed (or that were randomly generated by EA).
- Expanded list of group and instance hashes
For full instructions and screenshots head over to out ultimate modding page!