SporeMaster v2 is here!
Posted by ballightning on December 12, 2008
SporeMaster version 2 is here with many new possibilities, the most prominent is the one of creating totally new parts. Thanks very much to Void at SporeMods to create this amazing modding tool!
- Unpacking and packing of .package files, with automatic conversion of .prop files to and from .xml. files.xml is no longer necessary.
- NEW: Packing of .rw4 (RenderWare 4) model and texture files (from OGRE3D XML format and DDS format respectively) with packages, making part creation possible for the first time. Unpacking of these files is currently very limited. Part animations are not yet supported.
- XML property files are more user-friendly than in previous mod tools, using names instead of hashes where possible. NEW: XML files are order-independent.
- Full text indexing of .xml and .locale files in the unpacked package, to permit very fast incremental search. NEW: Search for keywords separated by spaces or “literal phrases”.
- Side-by-side comparison of file tree in Spore and the mod under development. One-click execution of WinMerge to see and edit changes in an individual file.
- Built in syntax highlighting editor.
- NEW: Image and model viewers.
- Tools for guessing the original names for hashes and for creating friendly aliases for hashes that can’t be guessed (or that were randomly generated by EA). The “Hash Guesser” tries more than 250 billion possible names for a given hash, providing you with a list of possible original names to choose from. When a new name is found the unpacked files are automatically updated.