Better Spore Trailer 1.5
Posted by ballightning on February 20, 2009
What is BetterSpore?
BetterSpore is a community made mod which has been used by thousands of people. It attempts to make spore a better and more enjoyable game, we are now extending this goal to include new content for spore.
It’s been a long wait, but the new version of BetterSpore is just over the hill. This will be the largest change ever with new additions and changes to everything. One of the prominent features will be all the hidden cell parts, the grox parts and over 10 community made parts. We have also extended our space tools to include 10 new tools which have animation never before seen in the space stage. To see some of what BetterSpore has to offer watch the Youtube video above.
Better Spore Features:
– All the hidden cell parts for you to use in the creature stage
– All the hidden grox parts for you to use in the creature stage
– Over 10 new custom parts with complete textures for you to use in the creature stage
– Over 10 new items created by xerox with stunning graphics and new effects
– Major changes to the balance of the civilization stages
– Extended Creature and Tribal stages
– Space stage overhaul
– Many other changes, all to be announced later
Question: Will these new parts be uploadable to the sporepedia?
Answer: Sadly it will not be able to, however we are hopeful we can come up with a agreement with Maxis on getting them past the filters.
Question: Will creatures with the new parts be able to save?
Answer: At the moment some of the grox parts and all the cell parts do not save properly, and we are continuing to look into this. However if we are unable to fix the issue we will be releasing a hack which will allow you to save anyway.
Question: Will the creatures with new part pollinate?
Answer: Any creature which will save will be able to pollinate.
Question: Will we need to start a new game?
Answer: We strongly advise anyone using the new version of BetterSpore to start a new game, however make sure you do not play that save version without the mod. You will be able to play an old game with BetterSpore but that game may encounter bugs.
Question: Where are all the artifacts i heard about last month?
Answer: We are working to get them into 1.5, however it may not be possible and will be released in a patch or 1.6.
Question: When will BetterSpore 1.5 be released?
Answer: Hopefully by early March.
Question: Will it all be in one package or can i get the parts separately?
Answer: There will be 3 packages, BetterSpore complete (all the features), BetterSpore parts (parts/editor changes only, no gameplay changes) and BetterSpore tools (Space tools only).
– SporeMods – The community for modding
– How to install mods
– Sporemaster – Start your own mod today
– The Spore Mod Index – With over 80 mods!
– How to mod spore – basics
– Other modding tutorials
– Better Spore Preview: New Parts
– Ball Lightning (Better Spore Team Leader)
– Virakotxa (Lead Part Developer
– Mettra (Part Developer/Part Code)
– Xerox262 (Space Tools Code)
– Dark Dragon (Editors Coder)
– Odistant (Civilization Coder/Artifact Coder))
– God (General Programmer)
– Ahvena (Team Member)
– Rotto (Team Member)
We are in contact with Maxis on the issue of uploading creatures with new parts to the sporepedia, at the moment it does not seem possible, however we are still working on a way to do it.