Maxis Contest: Traps and Lures Challenge
Posted by ballightning on September 2, 2009
Yet another challange has been posted by MaxisCactus, to check it out and participate head over to the official forums.
If you played the latest Robot Chicken adventure, you may have noticed how game objects were disguised to look like candy! These were used to lure the cuddly creatures to their doom.
In the Traps and Lures Challenge, create a clever lure or trap to entice your prey!
Not sure what to make? Your trap, trick or lure can be traditional like a mousetrap, legendary like a Trojan horse, or completely fantastic, created to trick a creature you’ve invented in your own ingenious way! It can be biologically evolved or technologically masterminded.
What will the challenge winner get?
A chance to be featured on Spore.com!
We’ll post our favorite submissions here, then YOU get to vote for which one is your top pick! The winner may be featured if it meets our criteria for featured creations.
• It must not have any parent authored by a different creator.
• It must not have any offensive creation in its lineage (any parent or child creations).
• It must not have any links or references to other sites in the submission’s tags, name, or description
Submissions that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered for the poll
• Your creation must look like a trap or lure.
• Your creation can be made in any editor
• To submit a creation, just publish tag it with: mctrapchallenge
• You can submit as many creations as you’d like
• Your creation can be made with any editor you choose
• All submissions must be in by 11:00am PDT 10/1
• Don’t forget that if your creation is an inanimate object, tag it with GAprop!
• Optional: Post screenshots of your creation on the forum
• Optional: Create a description explaining the mechanics or design of your trap or lure
Q: Can the entry creation be an adventure?
A: No. Your entry should be a Spore creation (creature, vehicle, building, UFO), but you are welcome to also show it off in an adventure.